Turkey Muffins with Cheese Sauce
My cooking days began as a child when my mom let me assist her in the kitchen by grating, chopping...and, of course, washing dishes! We continue to have many wonderful times cooking together.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 3 English muffins, split and toasted
- 6 slices Canadian bacon
- 6 slices cooked turkey
- Chopped fresh parsley
- In a saucepan over low heat, melt butter; stir in flour, salt and pepper until smooth. Gradually add milk. Bring to a boil; boil for 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Reduce heat to low. Add cheese and Worcestershire sauce; cook and stir until cheese melts. Place muffins in a shallow baking pan. Top each half with a slice of bacon and turkey. Top with 2-3 tablespoons cheese sauce. Broil 5 in. from the heat for about 5 minutes. Sprinkle with parsley.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 265 calories, 13g fat (8g saturated fat), 59mg cholesterol, 1083mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 18g protein.
Originally published as Turkey Muffins with Cheese Sauce in Home-Style Soups, Salad and Sandwiches Cookbook