Turkey Meatballs with Lemon Sauce
"This is a delightful way to prepare ground turkey," relates Sally Livingstone of Lancaster, New Hampshire. "Add a crisp green salad to round out the meat."
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Cook: 30 min.
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/4 cup All-Bran
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 cup fat-free plain yogurt
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 small carrot, shredded
- 1 green onion, sliced
- 4 cups hot cooked noodles
- In a large bowl, combine the egg, bran, Worcestershire sauce and lemon zest. Crumble turkey over mixture; mix well. Shape into 20 meatballs.
- In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, brown meatballs. Add broth; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5-8 minutes or until turkey is no longer pink. Remove meatballs and keep warm.
- Combine the cornstarch, yogurt and lemon juice until smooth; gradually stir into cooking juices. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in carrot and onion; heat through. Serve over meatballs and noodles.
Nutrition Facts5 each: 458 calories, 12g fat (3g saturated fat), 143mg cholesterol, 642mg sodium, 55g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 4g fiber), 31g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.