Although this recipe is perfect for the holiday season, plan to use it all year-round—cranberries add "zing" to a menu anytime. To serve as an appetizer, shape the meatballs smaller and serve with party picks.—Helen Wiegmink, Tucson, Arizona
Recommended: 37 Marvelous Meatball Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 tablespoons beaten egg
- 1/4 cup crushed saltines
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 3/4 cup whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 2/3 cup condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- In a small bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into 1-1/2-in. balls. Place meatballs on a rack coated with cooking spray in a shallow baking pan. Bake at 400° for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine cranberry sauce and tomato soup; heat through. Add the meatballs. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes. Yield: 1 dozen.
Originally published as Cranberry Meatballs in Cooking for 2