Turkey Meatballs Soup
Cooked Italian turkey meatballs can be found in the refrigerated section of your local grocery stores. You can also substitute frozen beef meatballs.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 package (12 ounces) refrigerated fully cooked Italian turkey meatballs
- 1 can (49-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- 2 cups uncooked egg noodles
- 2 cups cut fresh green beans
- 1 cup sliced fresh carrots
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a Dutch oven, combine all ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 20-25 minutes or until noodles are tender.
Nutrition Facts1-1/3 cups: 227 calories, 8g fat (2g saturated fat), 55mg cholesterol, 1357mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 4g fiber), 17g protein.
Originally published as Turkey Meatball Soup in Weeknight Cooking Made Easy 2005
Dec 13, 2009
This was quick and very good. I substituted frozen soup/mixed vegetables for the fresh ones and used 1 cup barley instead of the noodles. Also used low-sodium broth. As I was feeding several people, I tripled the ingredients.