Turkey Meatballs in Garlic Sauce
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 2 tablespoons whole milk
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 to 3 drops hot pepper sauce
- 1/2 cup finely crushed Ritz crackers (about 10 crackers)
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 pound lean ground turkey
- 1 cup V8 juice
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Hot cooked rice
- In a large bowl, combine the first 7 ingredients. Crumble turkey over mixture and mix well. Shape into 6 meatballs. Place in a greased 9-in. pie plate. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the V8 juice, broth and garlic. Turn meatballs; spoon sauce over top. Reduce heat to 350°. Bake 20 minutes longer, basting every 5 minutes. Serve over rice.
Nutrition Facts3 each: 330 calories, 15g fat (4g saturated fat), 92mg cholesterol, 1038mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 1g fiber), 23g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Mar 18, 2016
My husband and I love this recipe! It's a regular in our house.
Jan 17, 2015
Tasty recipee. All four of us liked this. As I cooked it, I would have rated it a 4 (to me, a 5 star is a You MUST make this!!!) but since I modified it a little I bumped it back to a five to be fair) I used Tom juice instead of v8. I doubt that hurt the flavor. I will make this again. Best ground turkey recipe I have found so far. I will serve it over pasta next time. We had it over rice and I think the pasta will fit the sauce a little better.
Oct 22, 2013
The first time that I made this recipe, I followed the recipe and noted that the meatballs were excellent and moist. I have continued to make the meatball recipe with the addition of sea salt & celery salt in place of regular salt. I also have added garlic granules about ¼ tsp when using 1# of ground turkey. When I don?t have butter flavored crackers in the house, I use my plain bread crumbs instead. My next idea is to make the meatballs and then freeze them after cooking and cooling them. For those nights, when I want something easy to make that my family loves. Enjoy!