Turkey Meatball Salad Recipe
For a tasty salad with a special meatball on top, try this recipe. The ground turkey mixture is so yummy and the dressing compliments the flavors so wonderfully.—Le Ane Wohlgemuth, Rimbey, Alberta
- 1 egg
- 6 teaspoons soy sauce, divided
- 1 can (8 ounces) water chestnuts, drained and chopped
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1-1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon vinegar
- 1 medium head iceberg lettuce, finely shredded
- Additional green onions
- 1 medium lemon, cut into wedges
- 1. In a large bowl, beat egg and 4 teaspoons soy sauce; add water chestnuts, green onions and bread crumbs. Add turkey and mix well. Shape into 1-in. balls. Place meatballs on a greased shallow rack in a shallow baking pan. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 10-12 minutes or until meat is no longer pink.
- 2. Meanwhile, for dressing, combine cornstarch and sugar in a saucepan. Whisk in broth, vinegar and remaining soy sauce until smooth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. To serve, arrange meatballs over lettuce; garnish with onions and lemon. Serve with the dressing. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 346 calories, 19g fat (6g saturated fat), 130mg cholesterol, 1019mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 4g fiber), 24g protein.
Reviews for Turkey Meatball Salad
© 2018 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC