My teenage daughter enjoys making this main course. It's one of my favorites since it uses ground turkey and garlic.—Connie Smith, Sugarland, Texas
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 2 slices bread
- 1-1/2 pounds ground turkey
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 14 manicotti shells (8 ounces), cooked and drained
- 3-3/4 cups spaghetti sauce
- Soak bread in water; squeeze to remove excess water. Tear into small pieces; set aside. In a skillet, cook the turkey, onion, garlic, salt and pepper until meat is no longer pink and onion is tender; drain. Stir in the bread and cheeses; mix well. Spoon into manicotti shells. Pour half of the spaghetti sauce into a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Arrange shells over sauce; top with the remaining sauce. Cover and bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until heated through.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 440 calories, 22g fat (8g saturated fat), 75mg cholesterol, 947mg sodium, 36g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 3g fiber), 25g protein.
Originally published as Turkey Manicotti in Taste of Home April/May 1998
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.