Turkey Mandarin Salad
A refreshing, interesting combination of turkey, pasta and fruit with a lightly sweet dressing makes this a family favorite. I found the recipe in an old church cookbook years ago. —Bernice Smith, Sturgeon Lake, Minnesota
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 2 cups cubed cooked turkey
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup halved seedless red grapes
- 1 cup diced celery
- 1 can (15 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 cup cooked macaroni
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup slivered almonds
- Toasted almonds, optional
- In a large bowl, combine turkey, onion and salt; mix well. Add grapes, celery, oranges and macaroni; toss lightly to mix. Cover and refrigerate.
- Just before serving, combine fold whipped cream into mayonnaise; fold into salad along with almonds. Top with toasted almonds if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 382 calories, 29g fat (8g saturated fat), 65mg cholesterol, 310mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 2g fiber), 13g protein.
Originally published as Turkey Mandarin Salad in Taste of Home December/January 1994
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.