Turkey Luncheon Salad
I received this recipe as a newly-wed and made it healthier by using brown rice and fat-free mayo and sour cream. Think ladies' luncheon…with a light, refreshing Asian twist! —Joan Cannon, Noblesville, Indiana
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2 cups cubed cooked turkey breast
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- 1 can (14 ounces) bean sprouts, drained
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 1 small carrot, shredded
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/2 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup fat-free sour cream
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 7 lettuce leaves
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, sour cream, soy sauce and salt; pour over salad and gently stir to coat. Serve over lettuce leaves. Sprinkle with cranberries.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 195 calories, 2g fat (0 saturated fat), 39mg cholesterol, 545mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 4g fiber), 16g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1 lean meat, 1 vegetable.
Originally published as Tokyo Turkey Toss in Healthy Cooking December/January 2009