"I substituted turkey for pork in this classic Chinese recipe," reports Leigh Lundy of York, Nebraska. "It was a hit at our church potluck. My husband and two children love it, too."
Recommended: 40 Quick Dinners for Surprise Guests
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 pound ground turkey breast
- 1 cup thinly sliced carrots
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) ramen noodles
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 6 cups shredded cabbage
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- In a large nonstick skillet over medium heat, cook turkey, carrots, onion and garlic powder in oil until turkey is no longer pink. Break noodles. Add noodles, contents of seasoning packets and water to turkey mixture. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 3-5 minutes. Add cabbage, peas and soy sauce; cook and stir until cabbage is crisp-tender and noodles are tender, about 1 minute. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Turkey Lo Mein in Light & Tasty June/July 2001, p44
Reviews forTurkey Lo Mein
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jul. 5, 2012
"So simple and easy to make. Delisious!!!"