Turkey Lo Mein Stir Fry Recipe
- 8 ounces uncooked linguine
- 2 pounds turkey breast tenderloins, cut into 1/4-inch strips
- 2 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 1-2/3 cups julienned sweet red, yellow and/or green peppers
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2/3 cup stir-fry sauce
- 1. Cook linguine according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet or wok, stir-fry turkey in batches in 1 tablespoon hot oil for 5-6 minutes or until no longer pink. Remove and keep warm.
- 2. In the same pan, stir-fry peppers and onion in remaining oil for 4-5 minutes or until crisp-tender. Add mushrooms; stir-fry for 3-4 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Add turkey and stir-fry sauce; cook and stir for 2-3 minutes or until heated through. Drain linguine; add to turkey mixture and toss to coat. Yield: 8 servings.
1 cup: 287 calories, 6g fat (1g saturated fat), 56mg cholesterol, 771mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 33g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 starch.
Reviews for Turkey Lo Mein Stir Fry
"I did not care for this at all. I followed the recipe as written in the magazine and used frozen onion/bell pepper mixture. I have never purchased this product before because I always use fresh, but wanted to save time; big mistake. The veggies became mushy almost immediately. Also, I have now decided not to ever buy stir fry sauce again. This was the third time I bought it over probably 10 years (3 different brands) and I didn't like any of them. I really wanted to like this because I love lo mein carry-out, but I guess I just have to keep searching for the right recipe."
"Our larger grocery store carries bags of frozen julienned red,yellow, and green peppers with onions. These work great for quick fajitas, also."
"I believe the julienne peppers could be the frozen part? I'm sure you could use any combination of frozen veggies you'd like."