Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 pound boneless turkey breast, cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- 1 cup thinly sliced carrots
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil or 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh tarragon or 1/4 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh thyme or 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1-1/2 cups chicken broth
- 8 ounces linguini or pasta of your choice, cooked
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- In a large skillet or wok, stir-fry turkey in oil for 2 minutes. Add onion and garlic; cook and stir for 1 minute. Add broccoli, carrots, basil, tarragon, thyme and pepper; stir-fry for 3-4 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender.
- Combine cornstarch and broth until smooth; add to the turkey mixture. Cook and stir until the mixture comes to a boil; cook 2 minutes longer. Serve over linguine; sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 331 calories, 8g fat (3g saturated fat), 78mg cholesterol, 608mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 3g fiber), 37g protein.
Jul 30, 2010
This was wonderful!! I used boneless skinless chicken instead, I used only 1/2 cup of carrots, I sliced them very thin and a full cup seemed to be to much. I also added 2 tablespoons of crushed red pepper and a handful of mushrooms and mixed the sauce and noodles together and served that way. It reminded me of the chicken linguine at Pappadeaux Restaurant.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.