Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 pound boneless turkey breast, cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- 1 cup thinly sliced carrots
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil or 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh tarragon or 1/4 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh thyme or 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1-1/2 cups chicken broth
- 8 ounces linguini or pasta of your choice, cooked
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- In a large skillet or wok, stir-fry turkey in oil for 2 minutes. Add onion and garlic; cook and stir for 1 minute. Add broccoli, carrots, basil, tarragon, thyme and pepper; stir-fry for 3-4 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender.
- Combine cornstarch and broth until smooth; add to the turkey mixture. Cook and stir until the mixture comes to a boil; cook 2 minutes longer. Serve over linguine; sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 331 calories, 8g fat (3g saturated fat), 78mg cholesterol, 608mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 3g fiber), 37g protein.
Jul 30, 2010
This was wonderful!! I used boneless skinless chicken instead, I used only 1/2 cup of carrots, I sliced them very thin and a full cup seemed to be to much. I also added 2 tablespoons of crushed red pepper and a handful of mushrooms and mixed the sauce and noodles together and served that way. It reminded me of the chicken linguine at Pappadeaux Restaurant.