My husband loves to grill these deliciously different turkey kabobs, and everyone gets a kick out of the zingy taste from the limes and jalapenos. Its tongue-tingling combination of flavors makes this one company dish that always draws compliments.
Recommended: 50+ Brilliant Recipes for Food on a Stick
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 3 cans (6 ounces each) orange juice concentrate, thawed
- 1-1/4 cups lime juice
- 1 cup honey
- 4 to 5 jalapeno peppers, seeded and chopped
- 10 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons grated lime peel
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 pounds boneless turkey, chicken or pork, cut into 1-1/4-inch cubes
- 4 medium sweet red or green peppers, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 large red onion, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3 small zucchini, cut into 3/4-inch slices
- 8 ounces fresh mushrooms
- 3 medium limes, cut into wedges
- In a bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Pour half of marinade into a large resealable plastic bag; add meat and turn to coat. Pour remaining marinade into another large resealable plastic bag. Add vegetables and turn to coat. Seal and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight, turning occasionally.
- Drain meat, discarding marinade. Drain vegetables, reserving marinade for basting. On metal or soaked wooden skewers, alternate meat, vegetables and lime wedges.
- Grill, uncovered, over medium heat for 4-5 minutes on each side. Baste with reserved marinade. Continue turning and basting for 10-12 minutes or until meat juices run clear and vegetables are tender. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Turkey Lime Kabobs in Taste of Home December/January 2000, p27
Reviews forTurkey Lime Kabobs
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed May. 21, 2013
"The family loved it"