Turkey in the Strawganoff
This attractive dish is a great way to use up leftover turkey. It's fast to fix and very filling.—Phyllis Coning, North Manchester, Indiana
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 to 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 4 cups cubed cooked turkey
- 1 can (8 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 2 cups sour cream
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley, divided
- 1 pound fine noodles, cooked
- 1 tablespoon diced pimientos, drained
- In a large skillet, saute onion in butter. Add garlic; saute 2 minutes longer. Stir in the flour, salt and pepper until blended. Add the soup, turkey and mushrooms. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes. Stir in sour cream and 1/4 cup parsley; heat for 6 minutes, stirring frequently. Serve over noodles. Garnish with pimientos and remaining parsley.
Originally published as Turkey in the Strawganoff in Country Woman November/December 2000
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.