Turkey in a Pot Recipe
- 1 boneless turkey breast (3 to 4 pounds), halved
- 1 can (14 ounces) whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup apple juice
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 1/4 teaspoon browning sauce, optional
- 1. Place the turkey skin side up in a 5-qt. slow cooker. Combine the cranberry sauce, sugar, apple juice, vinegar, garlic, mustard, cinnamon, cloves and allspice; pour over turkey. Cover and cook on low until a thermometer reads 170°, 3-1/2 to 4-1/2- hours.
- 2. Remove turkey to a cutting board; keep warm. Strain cooking juices. In a saucepan, combine flour and water until smooth; gradually stir in strained juices. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in browning sauce if desired. Serve with sliced turkey. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Turkey in a Pot
"Really good! I cut back on the sugar, and it was still great!"
"My husband LOVED this recipe and he hates cranberries. Delish!"
"Had 3 other picky eaters rate this and it was a 5 star from each of them. Reduced the sauce so it was very thick (30 minutes) and it was superb. Definitely a keeper."
"Because this was a last minute make, I didn't have the cranberry sauce so used dried cranberries which worked well. Also didn't have the dried mustard but it wasn't missed. The turkey was so tender and so good. My husband went in for seconds and he rarely goes for seconds when it comes to poultry. I brought in leftovers for lunch the next day and the turkey was still tender. I passed this recipe onto a friend. I look forward to making it again. Added bonus, the house smells wonderful while it's cooking."