Who says sandwiches have to be boring? Here, a special cream cheese and ranch dressing spread adds zest to the hearty turkey, cheese and vegetables. Get set to slice up second helpings! —Taste of Home Test Kitchen, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons ranch salad dressing
- 1 teaspoon poppy seeds
- Pinch garlic powder
- 1 loaf (1 pound) French bread, split lengthwise
- Shredded lettuce
- 3/4 pound thinly sliced cooked turkey
- 1/4 pound thinly sliced Swiss cheese
- 2 medium tomatoes, sliced
- In a small bowl, beat the first four ingredients until smooth. Spread on both cut surfaces of bread. Layer lettuce, turkey, cheese and tomatoes on bottom half of bread. Top with the other half. Cut into serving-size pieces.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 467 calories, 19g fat (9g saturated fat), 80mg cholesterol, 620mg sodium, 43g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 3g fiber), 30g protein.
Originally published as Turkey Hero in 1996 Taste of Home Meals in Minutes Calendar