- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 6 cups diced cooked potatoes
- 2 cups cubed cooked turkey
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- In a skillet, saute onion and peppers in butter until tender. Add potatoes, turkey, salt if desired, cayenne and nutmeg. Cook and stir over low heat for 20 minutes or until lightly browned and heated through. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews forTurkey Hash
"The potatoes seemed to overtake the other ingredients. Since I added no salt--per doctor's instructions--the hash was tasteless."