Turkey Ham Loaf
This flavorful recipe from Mary Stretchbery produces two moist ham loaves that are topped with a sweet homemade sauce. "I sometimes serve one loaf and freeze individual slices of the other," she pens from Weston, Ohio. "The slices are great for fast sandwiches at lunchtime."
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 30 min.
Makes2 loaves (6-8 servings each)
- 3 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 3 pounds fully cooked smoked turkey ham, ground
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- In a large bowl, combine the eggs, milk, cracker crumbs, salt and allspice. Crumble turkey ham and turkey over mixture; mix well. Pat into two ungreased 9x5-in. loaf pans.
- In a bowl, combine the sauce ingredients; place half in a freezer container. Cover and freeze one loaf and container of sauce for up to 2 months. Pour about 1/2 cup of remaining sauce over the second loaf. Bake at 350° for 45 minutes. Baste with remaining sauce. Bake 35-45 minutes longer or until thermometer reads 165°. Drain.To use frozen ham loaf and sauce: Thaw in the refrigerator overnight; bake as directed.
- To use frozen ham loaf and sauce: Thaw in the refrigerator overnight; bake as directed.
To use frozen ham loaf and sauce: Thaw in the refrigertor overnight; bake as directed.