- 1 medium cucumber, peeled
- 2/3 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons dill weed
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 pound turkey breast tenderloin, cut into 1/4-inch-thick strips
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt-free Greek seasoning
- 1-1/2 cups shredded lettuce
- 8 thin tomato slices
- 4 whole pita breads, warmed
- 2 tablespoons crumbled feta cheese
- Finely chop a third of the cucumber. For sauce, mix sour cream, onion, dill, lemon juice and chopped cucumber. Thinly slice remaining cucumber.
- In a nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat; saute turkey until no longer pink, 4-6 minutes. Stir in Greek seasoning. Serve turkey, lettuce, tomato and sliced cucumber on pitas; top with sauce and cheese. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forTurkey Gyros
"If you are looking for "authentic" gyro, this may disappoint. If you are looking for gyro flavors in a quick and healthy recipe, this is a keeper! I have two die-hard gyro fans in my house that were very skeptical about the use of turkey and sour cream in the recipe, but both gave this a thumbs up. I will definitely make again!I could not find salt free Greek seasoning, so just used regular Greek seasoning. The turkey tenderloins were only sold in 2 lb packages, so I subbed turkey breast cutlets, and cut the cooking time a bit. We also preferred more meat for 4 people than the 1/2 lb listed in recipe. I used about 3/4 lb per pound, and would use 3/4 - 1lb next time."
"Very good! Nice flavors."