- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 medium carrots, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 6 cups water
- 3 teaspoons reduced-sodium chicken base
- 3/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 package (16 ounces) potato gnocchi
- 2 cups cubed cooked turkey breast
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- In a Dutch oven, heat butter over medium heat. Add carrots; cook and stir 8-10 minutes or until crisp-tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
Stir in water, chicken base and Italian seasoning; bring to a boil. Add gnocchi. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 3-4 minutes or until gnocchi float. Stir in turkey, peas and pepper; heat through. Top servings with cheese.
Freeze option: Freeze cooled soup in freezer containers. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Heat through in a saucepan, stirring occasionally and adding a little water if necessary. Yield: 6 servings (2 quarts).
Reviews forTurkey Gnocchi Soup
"I'm giving this 5 stars because my son asked for a second bowl, that rarely happens. I substituted 6 cups broth for the water/chicken base. Instead of the gnocchi, you could also use tortellini."
"Very good. Make again."