Turkey Fruit Kabobs for Two
This is a citrusy treat for the grill; it's very easy to prepare and absolutely delicious. And best? It's a very healthy kabob for your summer picnics and family get-togethers.—Edie DeSpain, Logan, Utah
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + marinating Grill: 10 min.
- 1/3 cup frozen lemonade concentrate, thawed
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 3 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 pound turkey breast tenderloins, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 6 honeydew melon cubes (1-1/2-inches)
- 1 medium mango, peeled and cut into 1-1/2-inch cubes
- In a small bowl, combine the lemonade concentrate, oil and soy sauce. Pour 1/4 cup marinade into a large resealable plastic bag; add the turkey. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 2 hours. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade.
- Drain and discard marinade. On two metal or soaked wooden skewers, alternately thread turkey and fruits. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack.
- Grill, covered, over medium-hot heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 6-8 minutes or until turkey juices run clear, basting frequently with reserved marinade.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 294 calories, 5g fat (1g saturated fat), 56mg cholesterol, 223mg sodium, 37g carbohydrate (34g sugars, 2g fiber), 28g protein.
Originally published as Lazy Lemonade Turkey and Fruit Kabob in 2009 Cooking for 2 Newsletter