Turkey Fried Rice for Two
Generally, fried rice is a dish made with leftover rice from the day before, which serves as a nice base for a catch-all meal. — Taste of Home Test Kitchen
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1-1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/4 pound ground turkey
- 1 green onion, sliced
- 1-1/2 cups cold cooked rice
- 1/2 cup canned bean sprouts
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon chunky peanut butter
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Pour egg into skillet. As the egg sets, lift edges, letting uncooked portion flow underneath. When egg is completely cooked, remove to a plate; set aside.
- In the same skillet, cook turkey and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink. Stir in the rice, bean sprouts and cilantro. In a small bowl, whisk the remaining ingredients until blended; stir into skillet. Meanwhile, chop egg into small pieces; stir into skillet and heat through.
Nutrition Facts1-1/2 cups: 407 calories, 19g fat (5g saturated fat), 144mg cholesterol, 1057mg sodium, 39g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 20g protein.
Originally published as Sweet and Spicy Fried Rice in Simple & Delicious May 2010