- 2 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup uncooked brown rice
- 2 cups cubed cooked turkey breast
- 3 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 cup shredded romaine
- In a saucepan, bring broth to a boil. Stir in rice. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 45-50 minutes or until liquid is absorbed and rice is tender. Remove from the heat; cool. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- In a bowl, combine turkey and soy sauce; cover and refrigerate. In a large nonstick skillet, cook and stir the egg over medium heat until completely set. Remove and set aside. In the same skillet, saute onion, green pepper and celery in oil until tender. Add rice and turkey; cook and stir over medium heat for 6-8 minutes. Add lettuce and reserved egg; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes. Serve immediately. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forTurkey Fried Rice
"I agree with Lorna. The brown rice works well in this dish and it's a really great way to use leftgover turkey."