Turkey Focaccia Club Recipe
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 2 tablespoons chopped pecans, toasted
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 loaf (8 ounces) focaccia bread
- 3 lettuce leaves
- 1/2 pound thinly sliced cooked turkey
- 1/4 pound sliced Gouda cheese
- 8 slices tomato
- 6 bacon strips, cooked
- 1. In a small bowl, mix the first five ingredients until blended. Using a long serrated knife, cut focaccia horizontally in half. Spread cut sides with mayonnaise mixture. Layer bottom half with lettuce, turkey, cheese, tomato and bacon; replace bread top. Cut into wedges. Yield: 4 servings.
1 wedge: 707 calories, 41g fat (10g saturated fat), 96mg cholesterol, 1153mg sodium, 53g carbohydrate (17g sugars, 2g fiber), 32g protein.
Reviews for Turkey Focaccia Club
"The cranberry mayo is so innovative and delicious! It makes this sandwich a stand-out!"
"This sandwich totally tastes amazing!!! When I read that cranberry sauce and mayonnaise formed the basis for the sauce I was intrigued; it turns out to be pretty incredible! I'm sure it will work with ham, too. Definitely a keeper...."
"This is one of my family's favorite sandwiches! I make the Taste of Home recipe, Focaccia for a Crowd, to use for the bread in this recipe. I'm not a fan of cranberry sauce, but it is great in this recipe. Thank you, Ms. Judy Wilson, for sharing the recipe."
"This was so easy to put together and very delicious!"
"My family really enjoyed this especially the cranberry pecan mayo!"
"707 calories! I'm going to try Fruss's ideas to lighten it up. It does sound wonderful!"
"Excellent flavor and can be lightened up easily without losing the flavor. Reduced fat mayo and turkey bacon! Loved it and will make it again and again."
"If your looking for a low fat recipe why don't you look under the healthy tab. This recipe was delicious just the way it is."
"Too much fat - can you lighten this up and print the lighter version along with this one?"