Turkey Enchiladas Verdes Recipe
- 32 corn tortillas (6 inches)
- 1/3 cup plus 1 tablespoon canola oil, divided
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 cups cubed cooked turkey
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) Mexican diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 tablespoon chopped pickled jalapeno slices
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 3 cans (10 ounces each) green enchilada sauce
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 3 cups (12 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- Sour cream and additional pickled jalapeno slices, optional
- 1. In a large skillet, fry tortillas in batches, using 1/3 cup oil, for 5 seconds on each side or until golden. Drain on paper towels.
- 2. In the same skillet, saute onion in remaining oil until tender. Stir in the turkey, tomatoes, jalapenos, taco seasoning, cumin, oregano and basil; heat through.
- 3. Combine enchilada sauce and soup. Spread 1/2 cup mixture into each of two 13-in. x 9-in. baking dishes. Place 2 tablespoons turkey mixture down the center of each tortilla; top with 1 tablespoon cheese. Roll up and place seam side down in prepared dishes. Pour remaining sauce over the top.
- 4. Cover and bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until heated through. Uncover; sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Garnish with sour cream and additional jalapenos if desired. Yield: 16 servings.
2 each: 350 calories, 17g fat (5g saturated fat), 40mg cholesterol, 906mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 3g fiber), 18g protein.
Reviews for Turkey Enchiladas Verdes
"What a great and tasty dish for your turkey leftovers. This tastes fresh and will tickle the taste buds. I will definitely make these again."
"Never done enchiladas before...but they were a great success...a great way to recycle Thanksgiving..."
"I really liked this recipe. I didn't have enough room in the pans for all of the enchiladas so we ate some taco-style and it was terrific. I would definitely recommend this recipe."