- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 large green pepper, chopped
- 1 small sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1 package (8 ounces) fat-free cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 can (10 ounces) enchilada sauce
- 6 whole wheat flour tortillas (8 inches)
- 1 cup shredded reduced-fat Mexican cheese blend
- Salsa and sour cream, optional
- Preheat oven to 400°. In a large skillet, cook turkey, onion and peppers over medium-high heat 5-7 minutes or until turkey is no longer pink, breaking up turkey into crumbles. Stir in cream cheese and chili powder.
- Pour enchilada sauce into a shallow bowl. Dip tortillas in sauce to coat. Place two tortillas in a 13x9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray; spread with half of the turkey mixture. Sprinkle with 1/3 cup cheese. Repeat layers. Top with remaining tortillas and cheese.
Bake, uncovered, 20-25 minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted. Let stand 10 minutes before serving. If desired, serve with salsa and sour cream.
Freeze option: Cover and freeze unbaked lasagna. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Remove from refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Preheat oven to 400°. Bake lasagna as directed, increasing time as necessary to heat through and for a thermometer inserted in center to read 165°. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews forTurkey Enchilada Lasagna
"My husband wants it with corn tortillas next time. Also I didn't really stick to the meat guidelines. I like to mass cook hamburger meat so I just pulled out what I thought would be enough. I will definitely be adding more meat next time. I have big guys to feed. This was extremely easy to throw together though. Great for any night I am rushed with homework and kids."
"This was a very good healthier option - very creamy, you couldn't even tell it was fat-free cream cheese! The only thing I might do different is half the recipe, as we were only cooking for two, but it still tasted good leftover."
"Even my picky eater and his friend loved this one! I doubled everything and only had a few slices left."
"This did not work for me....it was very mushy on the insides and the outside burned."
"Also works great in a large pie plate!"
"This is by far the best enchilada recipe ever. I've made this twice now, ready to make it again. Yummy!"