VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1/2 envelope hollandaise sauce mix
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- 2 eggs
- 2 slices deli turkey
- 1 English muffin, split and toasted
- 4 bacon strips, cooked
- 4 asparagus spears, cooked and drained
- Prepare the hollandaise sauce with butter and water according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, place 2-3 in. of water in a skillet, saucepan or omelet pan with high sides; add vinegar. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer gently. Break cold eggs, one at a time, into a custard cup or saucer; holding the cup close to the surface of the water, slip each egg into water. Cook, uncovered, until whites are completely set and yolks begin to thicken (but are not hard), about 4 minutes.
- Place a slice of turkey on each muffin half. With a slotted spoon, lift each egg out of the water; place over turkey. Top with bacon, asparagus and Hollandaise sauce. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Turkey Eggs Benedict in Reminisce Extra April 2006, p 52