Turkey Dressing Pie
People tell me this pie is almost better than the original dinner! I fix turkey all year long, and I purposely make too much just so we can have this later on. It's a complete meal in itself. My sister and I took turns cooking when we were in high school...my husband and I have four grown sons...and I used to cook for pheasant hunters we took in. So I've had lots of practice!
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 3-1/2 to 4 cups leftover cooked turkey dressing
- 1/2 cup turkey or chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 3 cups diced leftover cooked turkey
- 1 cup leftover turkey gravy
- 1 cup peas, optional
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley flakes
- 2 tablespoons diced pimientos
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 4 slices process American cheese, optional
- In a large bowl, combine dressing, broth, butter and egg. Press onto the bottom and up the sides of an ungreased 10-in. pie plate; set aside.
- In a large skillet, saute onion in oil until tender. Stir in turkey, gravy, peas if desired, parsley, pimientos, Worcestershire sauce and thyme; heat through. Pour over crust.
- Bake at 375° for 20 minutes or until golden. If desired, arrange cheese slices on top; bake for 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.