Turkey Dill Subs
For a change of pace from usual sandwiches, try these dill-seasoned subs from Violet Beard of Marshall, Illinois. "You can use salmon or pickled herring tidbits instead of turkey to make them like a Swedish hero," she adds.
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 4 tablespoons snipped fresh dill or 4 teaspoons dill weed
- 8 submarine buns (about 8 inches each), split
- Lettuce leaves
- 12 radishes, thinly sliced
- 2 cups thinly sliced zucchini or cucumber
- 2 to 3 teaspoons cider vinegar, optional
- 2 to 3 pounds thinly sliced deli smoked turkey
- 1. In a small bowl, combine butter and dill; spread on sub buns. Layer the lettuce, radishes and zucchini on bottom of buns. Sprinkle with vinegar if desired. Top with turkey; replace bun tops.
1 each: 613 calories, 21g fat (10g saturated fat), 81mg cholesterol, 2251mg sodium, 73g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 4g fiber), 30g protein.
© 2020 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC