My mom serves this savory French dish for holidays, special occasions and when she entertains out-of-town company. The turkey is moist, and the sour cream sauce delicious.—Emma Rea, Columbia, South Carolina
Recommended: 52 Date Night Dinners
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 package (17.6 ounces) turkey breast cutlets
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 3/4 cup water, divided
- 1/4 cup unsweetened apple juice
- 2 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 pound fresh mushrooms, chopped
- Hot cooked rice
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, cook turkey in oil and 2 tablespoons butter until golden brown and no pink remains; drain. Remove and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, combine 1/2 cup water, apple juice, 1 teaspoon bouillon and pepper; cook and stir over medium heat until bouillon is dissolved. Stir in sour cream; heat through.
- Meanwhile, in another skillet, combine the remaining butter, water and bouillon; cook and stir over medium heat until bouillon is dissolved. Add mushrooms; cook for 10 minutes or until liquid has evaporated. Serve turkey over rice; top with cream sauce and mushrooms. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Turkey with Mushrooms and Cream in 1-2-3 Meal Planner 2009, p162
Reviews forTurkey Cutlets
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Dec. 4, 2010
"Needs a little something; will try a little white wine next time."