Turkey Cutlets with Cool Pepper Sauce
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
Makes4 servings (1/2 cup sauce)
- 3 tablespoons reduced-fat sour cream
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons minced seeded jalapeno pepper
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/8 teaspoon plus 1/4 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 1/2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 package (17.6 ounces) turkey breast cutlets
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Lemon wedges and sliced jalapeno peppers, optional
- For sauce, in a small bowl, combine the sour cream, mayonnaise, jalapeno, lemon juice and peel and 1/8 teaspoon pepper; set aside.
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, parsley, garlic and remaining pepper. Add turkey, a few pieces at a time, and shake to coat.
- In a large nonstick skillet, cook turkey in oil in batches over medium heat for 1-2 minutes on each side or until no longer pink. Serve with sauce. Garnish with lemon wedges and jalapenos if desired.
Editor's NoteWear disposable gloves when cutting hot peppers; the oils can burn skin. Avoid touching your face.
Nutrition Facts4 ounce-weight: 242 calories, 9g fat (2g saturated fat), 78mg cholesterol, 296mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 31g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1-1/2 fat, 1/2 starch.
Sep 16, 2015
Yummy and so easy and quick!!! Made the recipe exactly as is. Only difference is I cooked the cutlets closer to 8-10 minutes per side, personal preference - like meat cooked thru but not well-done. Loved the crunch of the breading along with the cool, very flavorful sauce.Thank you Jeannie
Feb 10, 2011
This was very good. I used plain yogurt in place of the sour cream. The tart with a hot bite creamy sauce went very well with the crunchy cutlet. Yum
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.