Turkey Cutlets with Cool Pepper Sauce
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
Makes4 servings (1/2 cup sauce)
- 3 tablespoons reduced-fat sour cream
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons minced seeded jalapeno pepper
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1/8 teaspoon plus 1/4 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 1/2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 package (17.6 ounces) turkey breast cutlets
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Lemon wedges and sliced jalapeno peppers, optional
- For sauce, in a small bowl, combine the sour cream, mayonnaise, jalapeno, lemon juice and peel and 1/8 teaspoon pepper; set aside.
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, parsley, garlic and remaining pepper. Add turkey, a few pieces at a time, and shake to coat.
- In a large nonstick skillet, cook turkey in oil in batches over medium heat for 1-2 minutes on each side or until no longer pink. Serve with sauce. Garnish with lemon wedges and jalapenos if desired.
Editor's NoteWear disposable gloves when cutting hot peppers; the oils can burn skin. Avoid touching your face.
Nutrition Facts4 ounce-weight: 242 calories, 9g fat (2g saturated fat), 78mg cholesterol, 296mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 31g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1-1/2 fat, 1/2 starch.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Sep 16, 2015
Yummy and so easy and quick!!! Made the recipe exactly as is. Only difference is I cooked the cutlets closer to 8-10 minutes per side, personal preference - like meat cooked thru but not well-done. Loved the crunch of the breading along with the cool, very flavorful sauce.Thank you Jeannie
Feb 10, 2011
This was very good. I used plain yogurt in place of the sour cream. The tart with a hot bite creamy sauce went very well with the crunchy cutlet. Yum