Turkey Curry with Apple
Shortly before we married, I tried this recipe out on my husband. I've been making it regularly ever since.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 medium tart apple, peeled and cut into pieces
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped celery
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1 to 1-1/2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 cup cubed cooked turkey
- 1/4 cup peanuts
- Hot cooked rice
- Minced fresh parsley
- In a saucepan, saute the apple, onion and celery in butter until crisp-tender. Stir in the flour, curry powder,salt, bouillon and cayenne. Gradually stir in milk until smooth. Bring to a boil; cook 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in turkey and peanuts; cook until turkey is heated through. Serve over rice and garnish with parsley.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 380 calories, 21g fat (8g saturated fat), 81mg cholesterol, 638mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (14g sugars, 4g fiber), 29g protein.
Originally published as Turkey Curry in Cooking for One or Two Cookbook