From Alexandria, Virginia, Marye Jo Timmons shares this savory sensation. Refrigerated crescent rolls and mushroom soup make the golden bites simple, and a filling of turkey, onion and celery makes them delicious.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/2 cup finely chopped celery
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 2 cups finely chopped cooked turkey
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 3 packages (8 ounces each) refrigerated crescent rolls
- Dill weed
- In a nonstick skillet, saute celery and onion in butter for 3-4 minutes or until tender. Add turkey and soup; mix well. Remove from the heat.
- Separate crescent dough into 24 triangles. Place 1 tablespoon turkey mixture on the wide end of each triangle; roll up from wide end. Place pointed side down 2 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Curve ends to form crescent shape. Sprinkle with dill.
- Bake at 350° for 8-9 minutes or until golden brown. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 70 calories, 3g fat (1g saturated fat), 10mg cholesterol, 175mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 4g protein.
Originally published as Turkey Crescents in Quick Cooking November/December 2002
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.