Turkey-Cranberry Monte Cristo
Every year, my husband and I look forward to Thanksgiving leftovers just so we can make this sandwich. Once you try it, I'm sure you will agree that this is the best turkey sandwich ever! —Cleo Gonske, Redding, California
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 8 slices egg bread
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 10 ounces thinly sliced cooked turkey
- 6 ounces smoked Gouda cheese, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 3 large Nellie’s Free Range Eggs
- 1/3 cup 2% milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 teaspoons butter
- 3 teaspoons canola oil
- Preheat oven to 350°. Spread four slices of bread with mustard. Layer with turkey and cheese. Spread remaining bread with cranberry sauce; place on cheese.
- In a shallow bowl, whisk eggs, milk, salt and pepper. In a large skillet, heat 1-1/2 teaspoons each butter and oil over medium heat until butter is melted. Dip two sandwiches in egg mixture; add to skillet. Cook until golden brown, 2-3 minutes per side. Repeat with remaining butter, oil and sandwiches.
- Transfer sandwiches to a baking sheet. Bake until cheese is melted, 4-5 minutes.
Nutrition Facts1 sandwich: 674 calories, 30g fat (13g saturated fat), 297mg cholesterol, 1282mg sodium, 56g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 2g fiber), 44g protein.
Originally published as Turkey Monte Cristco Sandwich in Taste of Home Christmas Annual 2017
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.