Turkey Couscous Salad
For a fast, light supper on a busy night, try this colorful turkey salad. I like to serve it with warm breadsticks, and the yogurt dressing lends a refreshing tang. —Anna Minegar, Zolfo Springs, Florida
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2/3 cup water
- 1/2 cup uncooked couscous
- 2-1/2 ounces sliced deli turkey, cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 1/2 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup pitted ripe olives, halved
- 1/3 cup fat-free plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 2-1/2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 1 ounce reduced-fat cheddar cheese, cut into cubes
- In a small saucepan, bring water to a boil; stir in couscous. Cover and remove from the heat; let stand for 5 minutes. Transfer to a large bowl. Fluff with a fork; cool.
- Add the turkey, tomatoes and olives. In a small bowl, combine the yogurt, parsley and vinegar. Pour over couscous mixture and toss to coat. Sprinkle with cheese. Serve immediately.