Turkey Couscous Salad
For a fast, light supper on a busy night, try this colorful turkey salad from Anna Minegar in Zolfo Springs, Florida. “I like to serve it with warm breadsticks,” she says. The yogurt dressing lends a refreshing tang.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2/3 cup water
- 1/2 cup uncooked couscous
- 2-1/2 ounces sliced deli turkey, cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 1/2 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup pitted ripe olives, halved
- 1/3 cup fat-free plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 2-1/2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 1 ounce reduced-fat cheddar cheese, cut into cubes
- In a small saucepan, bring water to a boil; stir in couscous. Cover and remove from the heat; let stand for 5 minutes. Transfer to a large bowl. Fluff with a fork; cool.
- Add the turkey, tomatoes and olives. In a small bowl, combine the yogurt, parsley and vinegar. Pour over couscous mixture and toss to coat. Sprinkle with cheese. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts1-1/4 cups: 288 calories, 6g fat (2g saturated fat), 27mg cholesterol, 645mg sodium, 43g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 3g fiber), 19g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2-1/2 starch, 2 lean meat.
Originally published as Turkey-Couscous Salad in Cooking for 2 Winter 2008
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.