Turkey Cigars with Cranberry-Dijon Dipping Sauce
With or without the dipping sauce, this crunchy crowd-pleaser is tasty. The cranberry-Dijon sauce gives the fun snack plenty of tang.—Donna-Marie Ryan, Topsfield, MA
Total TimePrep: 35 min. Bake: 10 min.
Makes2 dozen (1 cup sauce)
- 1/2 pound ground turkey
- 4 teaspoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh parsley
- 2 teaspoons jellied cranberry sauce
- 2 teaspoons ground walnuts, divided
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 12 sheets phyllo dough (14x9 inches)
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- DIPPING SAUCE:
- 1/2 cup jellied cranberry sauce
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- In a small skillet, cook turkey over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Remove from the heat. Stir in the cheese, parsley, cranberry sauce, 1 teaspoon walnuts, honey, mustard, salt and pepper.
- Place one sheet of phyllo dough on a work surface with a long side facing you; brush with butter. Repeat with three more sheets of phyllo, brushing each layer. (Keep remaining phyllo covered with plastic wrap and a damp towel to prevent it from drying out.)
- Cut the stack widthwise into four strips. Place 2 tablespoons turkey mixture along one long side of each strip; roll up tightly. Pinch edges to seal. Cut roll in half; place seam side down on an ungreased baking sheet. Repeat. Brush tops with butter; sprinkle with remaining walnuts.
- Bake at 425° for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. For dipping sauce, in a microwave, heat cranberry sauce until softened. Stir in mustard. Serve with appetizers. Freeze option: Freeze unbaked appetizers in freezer containers, separating layers with waxed paper. To use, bake as directed, increasing time as necessary until golden and heated through. Meanwhile, prepare dipping sauce as directed.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 76 calories, 5g fat (2g saturated fat), 14mg cholesterol, 232mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 fat, 1/2 starch.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.