Turkey Cigars with Cranberry-Dijon Dipping Sauce Recipe
- 1/2 pound ground turkey
- 4 teaspoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh parsley
- 2 teaspoons jellied cranberry sauce
- 2 teaspoons ground walnuts, divided
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 12 sheets phyllo dough (14x9 inches)
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- DIPPING SAUCE:
- 1/2 cup jellied cranberry sauce
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- In a small skillet, cook turkey over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Remove from the heat. Stir in the cheese, parsley, cranberry sauce, 1 teaspoon walnuts, honey, mustard, salt and pepper.
- Place one sheet of phyllo dough on a work surface with a long side facing you; brush with butter. Repeat with three more sheets of phyllo, brushing each layer. (Keep remaining phyllo covered with plastic wrap and a damp towel to prevent it from drying out.)
- Cut the stack widthwise into four strips. Place 2 tablespoons turkey mixture along one long side of each strip; roll up tightly. Pinch edges to seal. Cut roll in half; place seam side down on an ungreased baking sheet. Repeat. Brush tops with butter; sprinkle with remaining walnuts.
Bake at 425° for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. For dipping sauce, in a microwave, heat cranberry sauce until softened. Stir in mustard. Serve with appetizers.
Freeze option: Freeze unbaked appetizers in freezer containers, separating layers with waxed paper. To use, bake as directed, increasing time as necessary until golden and heated through. Meanwhile, prepare dipping sauce as directed. Yield: 2 dozen (1 cup sauce).
Reviews forTurkey Cigars with Cranberry-Dijon Dipping Sauce
"I have made this recipe 3 times, just as it is written. I made it for a party the last time and people were asking to take home the leftovers."