Turkey Chutney Salad
This one-of-a-kind salad features an appealing assortment of fruit and flavors. One forkful and I think you'll agree the taste is unbeatable.
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 1-1/2 cups mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup prepared chutney
- 1 to 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups diced cooked turkey
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 1 can (8 ounces) pineapple chunks, drained
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 2 firm red apples, cubed
- 2 medium bananas, sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 1/2 cup sweetened shredded coconut, toasted, optional
- In a large bowl, combine mayonnaise, chutney, curry and salt. Stir in turkey, celery, pineapple and raisins. Chill for at least 2 hours. Just before serving, stir in apples, bananas, pecans and coconut if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 390 calories, 28g fat (4g saturated fat), 45mg cholesterol, 244mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (16g sugars, 2g fiber), 15g protein.
Originally published as Turkey Chutney Salad in Home-Style Soups, Salad and Sandwiches Cookbook