Turkey Casserole Recipe
- 2 cups cubed cooked turkey breast
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen peas, thawed
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 2 tablespoons chopped green pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped onion
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) reduced-fat reduced sodium condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup fat-free milk
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese, divided
- 2 tablespoons white wine or chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 slices white bread, cubed
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. In a small saucepan, combine the soup, milk, 1/2 cup cheese, wine or broth, lemon juice and salt. Cook and stir over low heat until smooth and heated through. Pour over turkey mixture; toss to coat.
- 2. Transfer to a 2-qt. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Top with bread cubes. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 25 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining cheese; bake 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 6 servings.
3/4 cup: 248 calories, 7g fat (4g saturated fat), 48mg cholesterol, 713mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 5g fiber), 24g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1-1/2 starch.
Reviews for Turkey Casserole
"Loved this recipe! Very tasty. the only thing different, was I used mixed veggies instead of peas. I wasn't sure we would like the water chestnuts, but they added a lot."