Turkey Casserole with Chow Mein Noodles
Chow mein noodles and slivered almonds lend crunch to this creamy turkey bake from Joanne ShewChuk of St. Benedict, Saskatchewan. “It‘s a great way to use up leftover turkey or chicken,“ she notes.
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 40 min.
- 2 cups cubed cooked turkey
- 1 can (15 ounces) whole baby corn, drained and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup chow mein noodles, divided
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds, divided
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- In a large bowl, combine the turkey, corn and soup. Stir in the cheese, celery, 1/4 cup noodles, mushrooms, 1/4 cup almonds and green pepper. Pour into a greased 2-qt. baking dish.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with remaining noodles and almonds. Bake 10-15 minutes longer or until heated through.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 297 calories, 17g fat (6g saturated fat), 58mg cholesterol, 693mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 3g fiber), 22g protein.
Originally published as Turkey Casserole in Simple & Delicious November/December 2006
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.