Turkey Caprese Sandwiches
I went to a friend's party and had a bruschetta with caprese salad on top. I loved the taste and started serving it at my parties. Once I had no bread, only bagels and added turkey and a few other items. My young daughter thought it was great. I started making the sandwiches for parties and everyone loved them! —Maria Higginson, Bountiful, Utah
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 6 garlic cloves, peeled and halved
- 12 Asiago cheese bagels, cut in half and toasted
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 36 slices deli turkey
- 24 slices fresh mozzarella cheese
- 6 plum tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1 large red onion, thinly sliced
- 12 fresh basil leaves, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- Rub garlic cloves over cut sides of bagels.
- For each sandwich, spread 1 teaspoon mayonnaise over bagel bottom. Layer with three turkey slices, two cheese slices, two tomato slices, four onion slices and one sliced basil leaf. Sprinkle with salt; drizzle with olive oil. Replace tops.
Nutrition Facts1 sandwich: 909 calories, 45g fat (25g saturated fat), 147mg cholesterol, 1660mg sodium, 68g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 3g fiber), 54g protein.
Originally published as Turkey Caprese Sandwich in Taste of Home Magazine - Best Loved Recipes 2012
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.