Turkey Cabbage Bake Recipe
- 2 tubes (8 ounces each) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1-1/2 pounds ground turkey
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup finely chopped carrot
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 cups finely chopped cabbage
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1. Unroll one tube of crescent dough into one long rectangle; seal seams and perforations. Press onto the bottom of a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Bake at 425° for 6-8 minutes or until golden brown.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook the turkey, onion, carrot and garlic over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add the cabbage, soup and thyme. Pour over crust; sprinkle with cheese.
- 3. On a lightly floured surface, press second tube of crescent dough into a 13-in. x 9-in rectangle, sealing seams and perforations. Place over casserole.
- 4. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 14-16 minutes or until crust is golden brown. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Turkey Cabbage Bake
"We just had this dish for dinner tonight. I've been wanting to make it for a long time but didn't have all the ingredients for it. So, today I made a 14 mile round trip to the store to get what I needed. I used coleslaw with cabbage and carrots. Cream of chicken soup. The only part I didn't like is the thyme. I am just not fond of that spice. In fact it's going in the garbage tonight. I think this recipe would be just fine without. Will be making this again and thank you Irene for submitting it."
"This looks good but I'm always leery of recipes without nutritional information. I entered a list of ingerdients into an online calorie counter and it came out with a grade of B- and 292 calories. Good Points: Low in sugar,High in selenium, High in vitamin A"
"Recipe was a real "keeper" for our family. I made homemade dough in place of the store-bought crescent rolls in the original recipe. I also did not add chopped onion or cream of mushroom soup, instead I used a homemade white sauce.Will make this recipe again! :)"
"This was REALLY good! Just make sure when you reheat any leftovers, put it in the oven to crisp up the top again!"