When my husband and I were married almost 30 years ago, my biggest challenge was learning to cook. Now I struggle to find filling lunches for our son. He loves these burritos.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (16 ounces) refried beans with green chilies
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 1/4 cup frozen corn
- 1/4 cup uncooked instant rice
- 10 to 12 flour tortillas (7 to 8 inches)
- Shredded cheddar or Monterey Jack cheese, optional
- In a large nonstick saucepan, brown turkey and onion; drain. Add tomatoes, beans, chilies, olives, taco seasoning and corn; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15 minutes. Return to a boil. Stir in rice; remove from the heat. Cover; let stand for 5 minutes. Place about 1/2 cup filling down the center of each tortilla; sprinkle with cheese if desired. Fold in sides of tortilla.