Turkey Burgers with Jalapeno Cheese Sauce Recipe
- 3 slices whole wheat bread, torn
- 1 cup fat-free milk, divided
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 pounds lean ground turkey
- 1-1/4 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 6 whole wheat hamburger buns, split
- 6 lettuce leaves
- 6 slices tomato
- 1. In a large bowl, soak bread in 1/2 cup milk for 1 minute. Add the garlic, mustard, salt and pepper. Crumble turkey over mixture and mix well. Shape into six patties; set aside.
- 2. In a small saucepan, combine flour and remaining milk until smooth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat. Add cheese and jalapeno; stir until cheese is melted. Keep warm.
- 3. Coat grill rack with cooking spray before starting the grill. Grill patties, covered, over medium heat for 5-6 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 165°. Serve on buns with lettuce, tomato and jalapeno cheese sauce. Yield: 6 servings.
1 each: 387 calories, 15g fat (5g saturated fat), 100mg cholesterol, 599mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 5g fiber), 30g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 starch, 1 fat.
Reviews for Turkey Burgers with Jalapeno Cheese Sauce
"Used lean turkey and had a hard time holding patties together. Tasted great."
"Really good. I have made it several times."