Turkey Burger Pie
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup egg substitute
- 1 cup fat-free milk
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat biscuit/baking mix
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook turkey and onion until meat is no longer pink; drain. Transfer to a 9-in. pie plate coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with cheese.
- In a small bowl, combine the egg substitute, milk and baking mix. Pour over cheese. Bake at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown and a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 221 calories, 6g fat (0 saturated fat), 51mg cholesterol, 226mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 30g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 starch, 1/2 fat.
Sep 14, 2010
Great, basic recipe that can be adapted a myriad of ways. I added another 1/2 cup of biscuit/baking mix (gluten free!) and thawed/drained frozen spinach to the top. To the turkey, I added garlic in addition to the onions. Yum!
Jun 22, 2010
I wold make this again with some variations to it. I found it decent enough as is but felt it could use some more taste. It would probably be good with some taco seasoning and chopped green and red peppers, or green chillies in it, or made with beef with some worcestershire sauce in it, and mixed vegetables.
Mar 5, 2010
I make this on a regular basis, but I alter it to use 1 cup of baking mix and 2 eggs, and add 1 cup chopped celery. Yum!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.