VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 3 cups frozen chopped broccoli, thawed
- 2-1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1-1/2 cups cubed cooked turkey
- 2/3 cup chopped onion
- 3/4 cup biscuit/baking mix
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- 1-1/3 cups whole milk
- In a bowl, combine the broccoli, 2 cups of cheese, turkey and onion. Spoon into a greased 9-in. deep-dish pie plate.
- In a bowl, combine the biscuit mix, salt, pepper, eggs and milk. Pour over broccoli mixture; sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake at 400° for 30-35 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Let stand for 5 minutes before cutting. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Turkey Broccoli Bake in Casserole Cookbook 2001, p197