Doris Russell of Fallston, Maryland offers the convenient option of baking just the turkey breast. Prepared with herbs and crisp-tender vegetables, no one will miss the rest of the bird. “It’s a breeze to prepare,” says Doris. “Plus, it allows you to spend more precious time with your family.”
Recommended: 30 Make-Ahead Thanksgiving Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon olive oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh rosemary
- 2 teaspoons fennel seed, crushed
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 pound fresh baby carrots
- 3 large onions, cut into eighths
- 8 small red potatoes, cut in half
- 1 bone-in turkey breast (6 pounds)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine 1/4 cup oil, rosemary, fennel seed and garlic. Add the carrots, onions and potatoes; shake to coat.
- Place turkey breast in a shallow roasting pan. Rub turkey skin with remaining oil; sprinkle with the salt, pepper and garlic powder. Arrange vegetables around turkey.
- Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 2-1/4 to 2-3/4 hours or until a thermometer reads 170°, basting occasionally with broth. Cover and let stand for 10 minutes before carving. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Turkey Breast with Vegetables in Taste of Home October/November 2007, p10
Reviews forTurkey Breast with Vegetables
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review