Turkey Breast Roulade Recipe
The original recipe for this roulade called for tomatoes, which our son is allergic to. I substituted artichokes and mushrooms with wonderful results.
- 3 jars (7-1/2 ounces each) marinated artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 3 cans (4 ounces each) mushroom stems and pieces, drained and chopped
- 3 tablespoons chopped sweet onion
- 3 boneless turkey breast halves (3 to 3-1/2 pounds each)
- 2-1/4 pounds thinly sliced deli ham
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the artichokes, mushrooms and onion; set aside. With skin side down, cut a lengthwise slit through the thickest portion of each turkey breast to within 1/2 in. of bottom. Open the turkey breasts so they lie flat; cover with plastic wrap. Flatten to 3/4- to 1-in. thickness; remove plastic.
- 2. Place ham slices over turkey to within 1 in. of edges. Spoon vegetable mixture lengthwise down center of the ham. Roll each turkey breast, starting from a side where the fold is in the center. Secure with kitchen string at 3-in. intervals.
- 3. Place the turkey rolls seam side down in one greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan and one 13x9-in. baking pan.
- 4. In a small bowl, combine the butter and thyme; spoon over the turkey rolls. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1-1/4 to 1-3/4 hours or until thermometer reads 170°, basting frequently. Cover and let stand for 10 minutes before slicing. Yield: 24-30 servings.
1/3 pound: 172 calories, 11g fat (5g saturated fat), 63mg cholesterol, 592mg sodium, 1g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 18g protein.
Reviews for Turkey Breast Roulade
Reviewed Oct. 17, 2011
"I made this once. It was very good."
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC