Turkey Breast Roulade
The original recipe for this roulade called for tomatoes, which our son is allergic to. I substituted artichokes and mushrooms with wonderful results.
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 1hour 15 min. + standing
- 3 jars (7-1/2 ounces each) marinated artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 3 cans (4 ounces each) mushroom stems and pieces, drained and chopped
- 3 tablespoons chopped sweet onion
- 3 boneless turkey breast halves (3 to 3-1/2 pounds each)
- 2-1/4 pounds thinly sliced deli ham
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried thyme
- In a large bowl, combine the artichokes, mushrooms and onion; set aside. With skin side down, cut a lengthwise slit through the thickest portion of each turkey breast to within 1/2 in. of bottom. Open the turkey breasts so they lie flat; cover with plastic wrap. Flatten to 3/4- to 1-in. thickness; remove plastic.
- Place ham slices over turkey to within 1 in. of edges. Spoon vegetable mixture lengthwise down center of the ham. Roll each turkey breast, starting from a side where the fold is in the center. Secure with kitchen string at 3-in. intervals.
- Place the turkey rolls seam side down in one greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan and one 13x9-in. baking pan.
- In a small bowl, combine the butter and thyme; spoon over the turkey rolls. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1-1/4 to 1-3/4 hours or until thermometer reads 170°, basting frequently. Cover and let stand for 10 minutes before slicing.
Nutrition Facts1/3 pound: 172 calories, 11g fat (5g saturated fat), 63mg cholesterol, 592mg sodium, 1g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 18g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Originally published as Turkey Breast Roulade in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2003