Turkey Brats with Slaw Recipe
- 4 cups beer or nonalcoholic beer
- 3 teaspoons celery salt, divided
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 packages (20 ounces each) turkey bratwurst
- 6 cups broccoli coleslaw mix
- 2/3 cup chopped red onion
- 4 teaspoons canola oil
- 2/3 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 10 brat buns, split
- 1. In a Dutch oven, bring beer, 2 teaspoons celery salt and garlic to a boil. Add bratwurst. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 20-25 minutes or until firm and cooked through.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute coleslaw mix and onion in oil for 7-9 minutes or until tender. Stir in the cranberries, vinegar, honey and remaining celery salt; heat through.
- 3. Drain bratwurst. Grill, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 2 to 2-1/2 minutes on each side or until browned. Serve on buns with coleslaw mixture. Yield: 10 servings.
1 each: 544 calories, 23g fat (5g saturated fat), 78mg cholesterol, 1529mg sodium, 58g carbohydrate (21g sugars, 3g fiber), 26g protein.
Reviews for Turkey Brats with Slaw
"I added 1/2 tsp of celery seed, 1/2 tsp fresh ground pepper and 1 tsp kosher salt to the slaw during the last step. My family loved this unique dish and we will certainly make it again."